- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
- Best Smellers
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
Chase away the winter chills with this recipe for Vegan Gingerbread Cookies loaded with sugar, spice, and everything nice.
These treats are so delicious even the most discerning Santa will never know that they're dairy and egg-free. If your cravings for spicy treats are on high, after you empty the cookie jar of course, is the bath tub for some warming confections to really heat up your holidays.
For warming soaks that stop the shivers dead in their tracks use our crackling Cinders Bath Bomb or our slightly tipsy Father Christmas (he's had a few nips of brandy). If you're more the bubbly type crumble Santa's Sack or Rocket Reusable Bubble Bar in to your tub for voluptuous spicy bubbles. You nostalgic types needn’t worry either, we brought back your beloved Gingerbread House Bubble Bar to our online-only Retro shop too. With this many warming treats think of the money you'll save on your winter heating bills!
But first, let's fill that cookie jar with... Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature (solid)
- 1/2 cup fancy molasses
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tsp freshly grated ginger (including juice)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Cream the coconut oil and sugar until fluffy. Ass the molasses and vanilla extract.
2. Add grated ginger and juice to wet ingredients and blend until well combined.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda, mixing well.
4. Slowly add in flour and mix just until dough comes together.
5. Shape dough into 2 discs and chill for at least 2 hours before rolling.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 disc to just over 1/8-inch thick.
8. Cut your dough out into desired shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until edges are firm to the touch but centers are still soft.
10. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
*To find more recipes like this, visit www.vegan-nutritionista.com