- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
New Year, New Beginnings
Happy New Year!
Now that the holidays have almost all passed, (the 12 Days of Christmas end on January 6th), the hangovers are slowly subsiding, and the pants that fit last week are now cutting off circulation; it's time to celebrate a new year. There are so many ways to ring in the New Year - polar bear swims, shiny new calendars, and maybe even new pants. And of course, there's that tradition that never seems to stick - resolutions.
At LUSH, we believe in the right to make mistakes, lose everything, and start all over again. We also believe in keeping it Fresh. A new year, and a fresh start never gets old with us. While change and starting over can happen at any time, there's nothing like the optimism of a new year to revaluate, set goals, and make it happen.
There's no right or wrong way to make a resolution - you don’t even need to call it a resolution. You can approach it from the perspective of wanting to take action on some part of you, or you can see it as an opportunity to look forward to events and celebrations of the coming year. So whether you want to stop biting your nails, finally take the leap on a decision you've been procrastinating on, or make a collage of aspirations - it's completely up to you.
The most important thing to consider when setting a resolution for yourself? Have a positive attitude, and set clear, attainable steps to make it happen. Don’t try to do too much at once. They say it takes 28 days to break a habit; why not break those 28 days up into 28 daily goals to get you on your way?
For example, if you've decided that this is the year that you're going to start taking more bubble baths, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Clean your bathtub. We admit that this step isn't the most fun, but you'll never find yourself soaking in a tub of bubbles unless you have a clean bathtub to do it in.
- Organize your bathroom cabinets. Make your bathroom a place to escape to and relax in, not another room that causes you stress. Here are some great tips to get you started.
- Rotate your LUSH stash. Our products are best used fresh - go through your collection and make sure there aren’t any products nearing their best before date. If you find products that you no longer need or use, donate them to a friend or shelter instead.
- Schedule bath time. Like any good habit that you're trying to create, you need to make it a priority. Crack open your new agenda and enter it in and make an appointment for yourself at least twice a week.
- Turn on the taps and draw a bath. The first steps are always the hardest, but once you sink into your warm bath and soak for 20 minutes, you'll remember exactly why you wanted to spend more of 2013 in the tub.
No matter what your New Year's resolution is, if you make a mistake along the way, relax, take a bath, and start over again. We believe in you.