- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Get the Party Started with Ponche
Turn the lights down low, put on some music and grab a punch bowl! We searched far and wide to bring you the perfect recipe for a seasonal fruity punch that's sure to keep your spirits bright.
Ponche Navideño is the traditional Mexican punch that inspired our new tequila-spiked, festive shower gel Ponche. With this orangey, boozy gel you can get up to some good clean fun whenever you please. If you can’t get enough of the festive libations wash dirty hands (and bodies) with our naughty and nice gin-loaded Mr. Punch soap. You can also check out the Retro section of our website for some familiar online-only treats including our mulled wine shower gel Glogg. These boozy bathtime cocktails are the most fun you'll have without getting a hangover.
Then again, it is the season of celebration so grab that punch bowl and whip up... Ponche Navideño
- 7.5 litres water
- 0.5 kg tejocotes (if tejocotes are unavailble, you can subsitute apples instead)
- 3 whole oranges
- 8 guavas
- 1 kg sugar cane
- 3 pears
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1 kg piloncillo (or dark brown sugar)
- 3 cups brandy or rum (optional)
- 1 partridge in a pear tree (just kidding!)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring one litre of water to a boil. Add the tejocotes, lower the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until softened. Remove the fruit, peel and cut off the hard ends.
2. Prepare the fruits: Peel the sugar cane and slice it into medallions. Remove the stems and cores from the pears and cut into large chunks. Cut the guavas in half. Stud the oranges with the whole cloves. Cut the cone of piloncillo into large chunks.
3. In a very large pot, bring the remaining water to a boil. Add all the fruits and nuts to the pot and bring it back to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for one-half hour, stirring gently now and then. Add the piloncillo and cinnamon. Simmer for another half hour.
4. Remove from heat. Ladle into cups, and add rum or brandy to each cup as desired.
5. Serve hot. Will make at least 30 servings (or 15 if your guests want to get extra festive).