- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Categories - LUSH Facts (clear)
Strawberries are versatile, flavor-packed, and rich in all kinds of healthy nutrients.
No wonder they wear their seeds inside-out, they just have that much to offer! Ranging in size, shape, and even color, and averaging 200 seeds per fruit, strawberry facts overflow.
The pick of the crop:
1. According to Guinness records, the heaviest strawberry ever recorded weighed 231g (814 oz!) and was grown in 1983 by G. Andersen of Folkstone, Kent, in the south of England.
2. RETRO calling: Long ago, LUSH carried a range called Ultra Fresh, offering masks, scrubs and treatments customers could buy minimally packaged, and use quickly at home. One product was called Strawberry Boat. It was like a semi-solid smoothie of strawberry, ginger root and scrubby rice and salt, wrapped in a banana leaf. It still has some long-time LUSH fans recalling with bliss.
3. Gardening tip: remove the plants’ first flowers, which causes them to put more energy into developing their roots and leaves. This leads to overall strengthening, and the strawberries produced later are quite a bit larger.
4. Strawberries’ characteristic red color comes from flavonoids, which are also believed helpful in promoting healthy heart functions. Another way to set the heart aflutter is massage. Read More...
May is National Asparagus Month! A crown jewel of the spring crop, asparagus is enjoyed in cuisine around the world. It’s more than just a mouth-watering veggie with a ton of nutrients, though.
·1. 1. The name for asparagus comes from a Greek word, asparagos, which means “sprout” or “shoot”. This word was likely borrowed from the Persians, with their similar word of the same meaning, “asparag”.
· 2. After planting, asparagus is not usually harvested in the first 3 seasons, which helps the plant develop strong, sturdy roots. Generally, a plant that is tended well will produce for 15-20 years.
Honey is one of nature’s purest ingredients--the gooey result of dedicated honeybees. Apart from the scent, flavor and golden-hued goodness we associate with honey, it creates a buzz for all kinds of different reasons:
1. Spanish poet Antonio Machado once wrote, "I dreamt - marvelous error! - that I had a beehive here insife my heart. And the golden bees were making white combs and sweet honey from my old failures."
2. Honey changes appearance and texture over time, and is sensitive to its environment, but some batches appear to be thousands of years old and not rancid. Honey was one of the gifts entombed inside Egyptian crypts. When explorers found ancient burial sites, the honey they found in some cases was quite well-preserved.
3. Honey has noted antiseptic powers, and aids in creating a protective barrier on wounds. It lends a hand in the skin’s natural processes of healin...
The LUSH kitchens contain giant fridges stocked with the flowers, herbs, and fresh materials required for our cleansing rolls. Fresh ingredients in our products ensure the most healthy, active buzz on the skin.
What makes them so “cleansing” after all?
For starters, there is NO soap. Cleansing rolls are made with absorbent powders and clays, which carry residues from the skin. They are effective mixed into skin care routines every few days, and also gentle enough for daily use. Clays unclog pores and help eliminate toxins and promote clear skin; they are sometimes called “Nature’s Detoxifiers” for this reason. Porous material like charcoal, clean as well as exfoliate. Other natural skin blasters in our rolls are ground almonds, sugar, rice bran and lavender flowers. These are gentle natural exfoliators, offering a holistic approach to cleaning your skin. We also use conditioning ingredients and powerful herbal blends to promote harmony in the skin and radiance throughout.
How do they work?
Using them is believing:
1. Pinch off a bit of product.
2. Mix the product with water to create a paste that spreads easily onto your skin. People find the consistency that works best for them easily after the first couple uses.
It’s Find A Rainbow Day!
Celebrate with products that shine like Roy G. Biv, and create your own spectrum of fun for the day. Color expresses emotions in powerful ways. That’s the principle around Emotional Brilliance, which was developed with notions from Color Therapy and a London-based Brief Strategic Therapist named Lady Helen Kennedy. She helped conjure the words and intentions of Emotional Brilliance colors. Of course, EB is hardly the only place to find color in a LUSH shop: Choose what you gravitate towards, or try a few of these rainbow-inspired suggestions.
RED signals importance--fetching attention. In cultures around the world, red-painted front doors on homes signify different things - ranging from of safety and protection to prosperity and welcome. Red’s power is revered universally, which is why the true reds in Emotional Brilliance are called Strong, Power, Decisive, and Ambition. Red is a statement color, and initiates a quick response in the human brain. Wear these to make your message loud and clear.