- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Categories - Product Use (clear)
Is your skin looking a little less than luminous these days?
Silk Stockings and Black Stockings are here to help! Moisturizing cocoa and Shea butters melt easily so the shimmery colors blend evenly—while gorgeous essential oils perfume the skin. This is the quickest way to amp up your color without hitting the beach—or coating your skin in color-changing chemicals.
Silk Stockings can even out naturally pinkish skin tones or act as a highlighter for skin with deeper pigments. Apply to the collarbone, décolletage, shins, or anywhere you want to draw the eye. It’s fantastic for a candle-lit setting! Scented with come-hither rose and jasmine, two of the most beloved perfume ingredients for inducing romance. No additional perfume required—unless desired.
Black Stockings has the most pigment to illuminate darker skin tones, or deepen pale skin for a just-back-from-Barbados look. This is one especially effective on bare legs to give them a smooth finish and a warm, sultry glow. The perfume has a spicy twist of pimento berry oil, cinnamon, and orange—creating a cozy feeling to cuddle into. Created with a Caribbean inspiration, this will have you looking and feeling ready for a sunny beach long before summer hi...
The LUSH kitchens contain giant fridges stocked with the flowers, herbs, and fresh materials required for our cleansing rolls. Fresh ingredients in our products ensure the most healthy, active buzz on the skin.
What makes them so “cleansing” after all?
For starters, there is NO soap. Cleansing rolls are made with absorbent powders and clays, which carry residues from the skin. They are effective mixed into skin care routines every few days, and also gentle enough for daily use. Clays unclog pores and help eliminate toxins and promote clear skin; they are sometimes called “Nature’s Detoxifiers” for this reason. Porous material like charcoal, clean as well as exfoliate. Other natural skin blasters in our rolls are ground almonds, sugar, rice bran and lavender flowers. These are gentle natural exfoliators, offering a holistic approach to cleaning your skin. We also use conditioning ingredients and powerful herbal blends to promote harmony in the skin and radiance throughout.
How do they work?
Using them is believing:
1. Pinch off a bit of product.
2. Mix the product with water to create a paste that spreads easily onto your skin. People find the consistency that works best for them easily after the first couple uses.
Q: Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
A: Hey there! I'm the newest member of the LUSH PR team and am falling more in love with the brand everyday. I started out in the beauty world as a magazine editor feel so lucky to now be a part of one of the most honest, ethical beauty brands out there.
Q: Now that we know who you are, let's get down to business! What's in your LUSH stash?
A: I'm quite a fragrance addict and love displaying my beautiful bottles on bright trays and keep them on a shelf in my living room. (I live in New York; I have to improvise with my storage options!) I've always loved LUSH for their beautifully scented products, and have a growing collection of proper LUSH fragrances.
• One of my old favorites is Orange Blossom perfume, a really potent, sweet floral fragrance. It reminds me so much of summer, sand and happiness. I mainly wear this in the summer, but spritz it on in the winter when I'm sick of the snow and the cold.
• Sikkim Girls is one of LUSH's new fragrances, and is probably my favorite from the collection. (Although I can be easily swayed on any given day.) I actually keep a few bottles in different sizes because I like to take it with me when traveling or even just in my purse.
• I'm really into floral perfumes and Furze is flowery, but just slightly off-kilter, which I like. Furze is actually a flower that g...
Why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hello! My name is Denise and I work as a Brand Ambassador and Public Relations Intern for LUSH in New York City! I moved here from Ireland over a year ago and have made LUSH my home ever since.
Now that we know who you are, let’s get down to business! What’s that in your bathtub?
This is a snap shot of what I like to use in the bath! I love everything bath related from LUSH. I always like to have a concoction of my favorite LUSH Bath Bombs, bubble bars and melts stored in my bathroom, waiting and ready to use at the end of a long, cold day! My all-time favorite Bath Bomb is Twilight. I could bathe in it every day. I love coming up with my own bath cocktails too. Lately I’ve been using Sex Bomb with French Kiss bubble bar and Dreamtime. Just beautiful!
Why are you using these products in particular? What do you like about them?
Who can resist hopping into a nice warm bath at the end of a long day? I love using my LUSH Bath Bombs. They are full of so many beautiful essential oils and are the perfect way to relax. They make my bathroom smell amazing, add a dash of color and bring such joy to my day. I recently had a customer tell me that she has a LUSH bath every Monday night because it now makes her look forward to the week ahead on Sunda...
Spring: nature’s invitation to give it a go, and start fresh in a new season. Warmer days coax our sandals from their hideouts, and there's a pull to make use of the longer days. It’s also a season associated with cleaning and clearing out clutter.
It certainly feels great to pare down to basics. We're all for the thrill of finding a new fantastic fit for your needs. We just don’t see value in tossing out old reliable staples—if something is continuing to perform, it’s worth keeping around season through season. A quick evaluation of your present needs aids the clutter-clearing process, while maintaining a focus on what is working for you.
Consider the following before your next toiletries purge:
What’s going on outside? How does spring weather impact your skin?
• Spring weather is notoriously mercurial, causing melee for skin sensitive to the elements. Fluctuation in temperature can send mixed signals to sebum-producing glands in the skin. Humidity, pollen and seasonal irritants outside make an impact too. Lavender-laden products like Dream Cream offer relief to skin looking for balance and itching or mild irritation.
• Warmer weather means more skin exposed under looser, lighter clothes (that, and less clothing overall). If winter has left you with blackheads and breakouts on areas other than the face, Coal Face Facial Soap and Read More...