- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - Julia Hamfelt (clear)
'Tis the season for delicious homemade treats. Our favorite crafty crafter Julia is back, and this time she's getting busy in the kitchen with Poppycock. Not just the expression of ladies who bridge or third grade teachers, Poppycock is a tasty popcorn treat perfect for the holidays inspired by our (equally delicious) Popcorn Lip Scrub. Hop in your kitchen, turn on your favorite holiday song and get ready to indulge in this seriously addictive caramel corn.
How to Make Your Own Poppycock!
- 1 cup popcorn (or 8 cups popped)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Pop popcorn until it's lightly toasted and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a small saucepan, then slowly whisk in the sugar until fully melted.
- 3. Add brown rice syrup, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the mixture doubles in size and gains a glossy, caramel top.
- 4. Remove from heat and mix in almonds.
- 5. Pour the mixture on top of the popcorn and mix quickly to evenly coat each kernel.
- 6. Turn the popcorn out onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- 7. Break apart into...
Julia, our LUSH Times Editor is getting crafty again! This time she's sharing her tips to create your very own snowflake garland, inspired by our beautiful All the Best gift and its snowflake design wrapping. This craft is perfect for all ages, even kids, so get your scissors, paper, yarn and clips and get ready to craft away!
Listen up, crafty crafters. It's time to round up your special scissors, survey your glitter levels and lay out your craft mat, because we've put together a series of easy Christmas crafts you can attempt at home. First up, DIY snow globes!
Inspired by our best-selling Christmas soap - Snow Globe, Julia invited us to her cosy, crafty, cat-filled home to show you how to create your very own Winter Wonderland.
Cr-afternoon Instructions: How to Make a Snow Globe
Glass jar with screw-top lid
Glitter or faux snow
1. Unscrew the lid from your glass jar and flip it upside down. Apply a generous amount of crazy glue to the inside of the lid. Press your figurine firmly into the glue to secure its place. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
2. While the glue is drying, fill your jar with distilled water (almost to the top!) Pour in approximately 2 tablespoons of glycerin.
3. Now is the fun part! You can add as many sparkles or snowflakes as you like, in any color combination. Just sprinkle them into the water mixture.
4. Carefully screw the lid back on the jar, submerging the figurine in water.
5. Flip it over and shake, shake, shake! Congratulations. You've made your very own Winter Wonderland!...
Published four times a year, the LUSH Times catalog is the go-to for everything LUSH. We know you read in the tub, in bed, on the train, by the fire - it really gets around. Julia Hamfelt is our very talented LUSH Times editor who works with our Copy team at HQ in Vancouver. After starting her LUSH career in a shop, she moved to Vancouver to join the Copy team and has since taken the reins of our beloved publication. We're lucky to have her.
Find out more about what really "lights" Julia up, her passion for Russian dolls, dance circles and what she loves about LUSH...