- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - facts (clear)
Strawberries are versatile, flavor-packed, and rich in all kinds of healthy nutrients.
No wonder they wear their seeds inside-out, they just have that much to offer! Ranging in size, shape, and even color, and averaging 200 seeds per fruit, strawberry facts overflow.
The pick of the crop:
1. According to Guinness records, the heaviest strawberry ever recorded weighed 231g (814 oz!) and was grown in 1983 by G. Andersen of Folkstone, Kent, in the south of England.
2. RETRO calling: Long ago, LUSH carried a range called Ultra Fresh, offering masks, scrubs and treatments customers could buy minimally packaged, and use quickly at home. One product was called Strawberry Boat. It was like a semi-solid smoothie of strawberry, ginger root and scrubby rice and salt, wrapped in a banana leaf. It still has some long-time LUSH fans recalling with bliss.
3. Gardening tip: remove the plants’ first flowers, which causes them to put more energy into developing their roots and leaves. This leads to overall strengthening, and the strawberries produced later are quite a bit larger.
4. Strawberries’ characteristic red color comes from flavonoids, which are also believed helpful in promoting healthy heart functions. Another way to set the heart aflutter is massage. Read More...
May is National Asparagus Month! A crown jewel of the spring crop, asparagus is enjoyed in cuisine around the world. It’s more than just a mouth-watering veggie with a ton of nutrients, though.
·1. 1. The name for asparagus comes from a Greek word, asparagos, which means “sprout” or “shoot”. This word was likely borrowed from the Persians, with their similar word of the same meaning, “asparag”.
· 2. After planting, asparagus is not usually harvested in the first 3 seasons, which helps the plant develop strong, sturdy roots. Generally, a plant that is tended well will produce for 15-20 years.
Honey is one of nature’s purest ingredients--the gooey result of dedicated honeybees. Apart from the scent, flavor and golden-hued goodness we associate with honey, it creates a buzz for all kinds of different reasons:
1. Spanish poet Antonio Machado once wrote, "I dreamt - marvelous error! - that I had a beehive here insife my heart. And the golden bees were making white combs and sweet honey from my old failures."
2. Honey changes appearance and texture over time, and is sensitive to its environment, but some batches appear to be thousands of years old and not rancid. Honey was one of the gifts entombed inside Egyptian crypts. When explorers found ancient burial sites, the honey they found in some cases was quite well-preserved.
3. Honey has noted antiseptic powers, and aids in creating a protective barrier on wounds. It lends a hand in the skin’s natural processes of healin...
Eggs add life to damaged hair, and promote healthy skin functions too. Binding together other ingredients in Fresh Face Masks and hair care, eggs are an important ingredient in many LUSH favorites, including Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask and H’Suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturizer.
1. In Maya culture, the color yellow is associated with life. One of the primary examples supporting this is the color of an egg yolk.
2. Eggs contain protein and a host of vitamins and minerals that encourage hair’s conditioning in products like H’Suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturizer, Curly Wurly Shampoo and Shine So Bright Split End Treatment. These are products targeted for the most thirsty, lack-luster hair!
3. All that protein makes them effective in a restorative function on the hair, building tensile strength, which increases the hair’s ability to withstand tension. Imagine the difference a pair of gloves would make if you were about to climb a rope. The rough rope might otherwise shred up your hands, but the gloves give you more traction, increasing your tensile strength.
4. A Hen may lay around 365 eggs per year, but this can (free-)range quite a bi...
Summer may be over but that doesn't mean that your skin can't shine as bright as the August sun. What better way to start fall than looking and feeling fresh with clean skin? At LUSH, we know that you're unique and your skin is no exception. We make a wide range of cleansers for every skin need and desired effect, all you have to do is choose one!
Need a little inspiration? We've put together some suggestions for you based on how you want your skin to feel post-cleansing. Still need some extra help? Pop in to your local LUSH shop and we can help you find the products (or entire skin care routine) that works best for you. Now get the warm water running, grab a face cloth and get ready for a fresh start.
For those of you with sensitive skin that needs a little extra attention, explore these gentle and soothing cleansers. To remove makeup (or just to cleanse) we recommend our cult classic Ultrabland. Our beeswax-based, ultra-rich cleansing emulsion is the solution to bee-utiful skin. Those of you with blemishes and dry patches will love our super calming Fresh Farmacy. This solid facial soap contains calamine, rose and lavender to hydrate and soothe while tea tree oil treats breakouts. Or perhaps you need to escape the daily grime with 9-5, our creamy cleansing liquid with orchid extract to keep your visage petal soft. When your skin isn't cooperating as it should, do some damage control with Aqua Marina. This seaweed and calamine cleanser doubles as a facial mask for when the going gets tough. Once you've cleansed, finish with a spritz of our Eau Roma Water toner, it's gentle and hydrating blend of rose and lavender makes it perfect for you sensitive types.
When the going ge...