- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - fresh (clear)
Eggs add life to damaged hair, and promote healthy skin functions too. Binding together other ingredients in Fresh Face Masks and hair care, eggs are an important ingredient in many LUSH favorites, including Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask and H’Suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturizer.
1. In Maya culture, the color yellow is associated with life. One of the primary examples supporting this is the color of an egg yolk.
2. Eggs contain protein and a host of vitamins and minerals that encourage hair’s conditioning in products like H’Suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturizer, Curly Wurly Shampoo and Shine So Bright Split End Treatment. These are products targeted for the most thirsty, lack-luster hair!
3. All that protein makes them effective in a restorative function on the hair, building tensile strength, which increases the hair’s ability to withstand tension. Imagine the difference a pair of gloves would make if you were about to climb a rope. The rough rope might otherwise shred up your hands, but the gloves give you more traction, increasing your tensile strength.
4. A Hen may lay around 365 eggs per year, but this can (free-)range quite a bi...
Few LUSH products are more posted, pinned, tweeted or instagrammed (is that a word now?) than our Fresh Face Masks.
Our customers love to smother their faces in our masks of fresh fruits, vegetables, herb infusions and essential oils, make silly faces, and then post it for everyone to see! You really are a weird bunch. But we love you anyway.
Best Mother-Daughter Duo
Best Garden Gnome Impression
Want to share your LUSH stories and photos with us?
Join us on Twitter
Like us on ...
Have you ever wondered about the faces and places you might be sharing your shower with? Go behind the bottle and discover the who, what and where of four of our most popular shower products!
Grass shower gel, sourced by: Lee
Lee is a member of our intrepid Buying Team. He purchases wheat grass from Giddy Up and Grow, our supplier in Mission, BC, to make Grass shower gel!
Featured Ingredient: Fresh Wheatgrass Juice We buy our wheatgrass in trays and then juice it ourselves before adding the vitamin-packed ingredient to our shower gels, face masks, and moisturizers.
Turkish Delight shower smoothie, made by: Madu
This batch of Turkish Delight was handmade fresh by Madu in the Dairy Pots room of our Vancouver factory. Isn't he handsome?
Featured Ingredient: Rose Absolute Incredibly effective for softening and soothing the skin, we source our rose absolute from a village in Turkey.
Ro's Argan body conditioner, invented by: Rowena Bird
Rowena, our very own cosmetics genius, was the mastermind behind our best-selling invention. It was only right that we name the product after her!
Green Feature: Recycled Black Pots. Ro's Argan, like our body lotions, moisturizers, and face masks, is packaged in a 100% post-consume...
With New Year's resolutions in full swing, there are quite a few of us vowing to put health as a priority in 2013. Perhaps you've made a pledge to hit the pavement or the gym for the first time in... years? Or maybe revamping your diet is at the top of your list. One great way to get your body in gear after weeks of overeating, drinking, and being merry is a detox.
While we do recommend that you consult with your health practitioner to create a plan that is best suited to your personal needs, you can get started in the kitchen with a smoothie filled with fresh, nutritious ingredients. There are numerous smoothie recipes available, so we thought we'd try some to give you the best scoop. They are delicious, easy to make, and vegan and gluten-free too! Even better? They contain some of our favorite fresh ingredients for making products too.
Honey I Made You Breakfast
Short on time but high on hunger? They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now you can blend it up and take it to go.
- 2 large pears, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Add ingredients to blender, making sure the lid is on tight and blend away. If you prefer a thicker, icier version you can add 1/3 cup ice cu...
LUSH UK have been working with Korean Soap Sculptor Meekyoung Shin who uses soap as an art form. Normally we think of creating art as a pretty messy process - in this case cleaning up is half the fun!
Find out more about her latest sculpture is a statue of the Duke of Cumberland which stands in Cavendish Square, London and she recently held a soap workshop at the Thameside festival of Korean culture. We can only imagine just how wonderful it must have smelled!