- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - party (clear)
From November to December it's a given that you'll be invited to numerous festivities and parties. In excess. Over and over again. While you can be forgiven for the occasional elastic waistband, over-enthusiastic renditions of holiday carols, and for taking an extra trip to the punch bowl, there are some behaviours that you should keep under wraps, otherwise you may never be invited back again.
Be Considerate to Your Date, and Respect Everyone Else's
If you bring a date to the party, don't ignore them as soon as you walk in the door. Involve them in your conversations; introduce them to your friends, and curb cringe worthy behavior. On the other hand, there's a fine line between being friendly and receptive to someone else's significant and flirting and touching. Don't be the annoying person who makes others uncomfortable.
Don't Forget Your Clothes at Home
While Halloween may allow for some extension of social norms, (why is there a sexy version of EVERY occupation?) your attire at a Christmas party should cover your main body parts. Unless specified in the invite, of course. Do you really want to be the topic of conversation for the entire evening? Are you aiming to be a distraction and cause a collision at the bar? Pull out your party best, but try to avoid frostbite.
Ask Questions and Listen Before Opening Your Mouth
Parties can be a mix of so many people. You never know who you might meet - especially if it's people you've only heard about. Before running off your mouth about someone else, make sure you're not speaking to the person you're gos...
Turn the lights down low, put on some music and grab a punch bowl! We searched far and wide to bring you the perfect recipe for a seasonal fruity punch that's sure to keep your spirits bright.
Ponche Navideño is the traditional Mexican punch that inspired our new tequila-spiked, festive shower gel Ponche. With this orangey, boozy gel you can get up to some good clean fun whenever you please. If you can’t get enough of the festive libations wash dirty hands (and bodies) with our naughty and nice gin-loaded Mr. Punch soap. You can also check out the Retro section of our website for some familiar online-only treats including our mulled wine shower gel Glogg. These boozy bathtime cocktails are the most fun you'll have without getting a hangover.
Then again, it is the season of celebration so grab that punch bowl and whip up... Ponche Navideño
- 7.5 litres water
- 0.5 kg tejocotes (if tejocotes are unavailble, you can subsitute apples instead)
- 3 whole oranges
- 8 guavas
- 1 kg sugar cane
- 3 pears
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1 kg piloncillo (or dark brown sugar)
- 3 cups brandy or rum (optiona...
We believe the hours before you leave for the party are half the fun! Treat yourself to a trip to LUSH and you'll be anticipating the getting-ready part as much as the party itself. Here are ten tips to truly luxuriate in the moments of getting ready:
1. To set the mood, turn on your favorite music, indulge in a glass of wine and gather up your favorite preparing-for-a-party products.
2. Run a hot bath and sink in with a Golden Wonder Bath Bomb, complete with subtle shimmer and a celebratory champagne fragrance.
3. While you soak, use a Fresh Face Mask to brighten up your skin. Wash it off after about ten minutes.
4. Since you're living in the lap of luxury already, massage in one of our revitalizing hair masks for supremely soft, tamed tresses. Best to do this towards the end of your soak as you'll want to shower it off after about 20-30minutes.
5. When your toes have turned to prunes, drain the bath and rinse off. Then, lather up with our tequila-infused Ponche shower gel with fresh, organic orange juice to zest up your mood and get you ready to party!
6. Once you're clean, brighten your body with our Sandy Santa sugar and salt scrub. You won't be able to stop rubbing yourself once you get a whiff of the sweet orange oil fragrance. You'l...