- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - popcorn (clear)
'Tis the season for delicious homemade treats. Our favorite crafty crafter Julia is back, and this time she's getting busy in the kitchen with Poppycock. Not just the expression of ladies who bridge or third grade teachers, Poppycock is a tasty popcorn treat perfect for the holidays inspired by our (equally delicious) Popcorn Lip Scrub. Hop in your kitchen, turn on your favorite holiday song and get ready to indulge in this seriously addictive caramel corn.
How to Make Your Own Poppycock!
- 1 cup popcorn (or 8 cups popped)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Pop popcorn until it's lightly toasted and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a small saucepan, then slowly whisk in the sugar until fully melted.
- 3. Add brown rice syrup, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the mixture doubles in size and gains a glossy, caramel top.
- 4. Remove from heat and mix in almonds.
- 5. Pour the mixture on top of the popcorn and mix quickly to evenly coat each kernel.
- 6. Turn the popcorn out onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- 7. Break apart into...
Popcorn: our scrumptious sugar and salt lip scrub for the holidays. Winter weather can make lips rough and sore. Use Popcorn lip scrub to keep your lips soft, smooth, and ready to be caught under the mistletoe. The sweet and slightly salty popcorn flavor will make you want to lick this scrub right off your lips; but that's okay, we do it too!