- Shop Lush:
- Gorilla Perfume
- Emotional Brilliance
Tags - vegan (clear)
Our Carrot bubble bar was inspired by carrot cake, and now The Carrot has inspired carrot cake - just in time for Easter!
And, just like all of our limited edition Easter goodies it's a sweet treat, but without the sugar. However, unlike The Carrot we can't guarantee that it's reusable... it's too tasty for leftovers!
Vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and delicious - Hoppy Easter!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup Quinoa flour (you can use 1 cup of any gluten-free flour, but I like to do a blend for better consistency)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 5 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled, grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Fine lemon zest, from one fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup of pitted, diced medjool dates
Preheat oven to 350. Line pan with parchment paper. I used a square pan, but a loaf pan or round pan would work well too.
Add the flour, baking soda...
Once upon a time, Vegan was a bad, misunderstood word along with patchouli, tea tree, and long hair. Nowadays choosing a plant-based diet and lifestyle is just another norm and the planet is all the better for it. Thankfully so is the use of patchouli, tea tree, and long, glorious hair!
With 83% of our products made vegan, it's easy to shop for vegans at LUSH. Contrary to popular belief vegans are rather fond of bathing so you're in luck here. These are our to picks for vegan-friendly products:
- Ultrabalm: simplicity at its best, our effective, no nonsense moisturizing balm.
- None of Your Beeswax: a light, citrus lip balm to keep lips soft and supple.
- Karma bubble bar: transport their senses in a tubful of citrus, patchouli, and pine.
- The Olive Branch: gentle, moisturizing shower gel made with Fair Trade olive oil.
- Dream Cream: our number one, best-selling product of all time for dry and sensitive skin.
- Peace: a beautiful massage bar made with organic Fair Trade cocoa butter.
- Read More...
It's November 1, and not only do you get to flip to a new picture on your calendar, but it's also World Vegan Day!
World Vegan Day is a big celebration at LUSH. As advocates for animal welfare, we've been fighting animal testing for over 30 years. Currently 83% of our products are vegan, and 100% of our creations are vegetarian. Our products are made with fresh, ethically sourced ingredients, and never tested on animals. Our vegan products are made without any animal by-products, which means they don't contain eggs, honey, or lanolin. It can be challenging to create vegan products when there aren't alternative ingredients that give the desired effect, or in some cases meet our ethical buying standards. But we like a challenge, and for our vegan employees and customers we think it's worth it.
First coined 68 years ago, the term vegan refers to someone who tries to live without exploiting animals. There are multiple reasons people choose to become vegan and eat a plant-based diet. A vegan lifestyle also avoids wool, leather, silk, or animal products for clothing or any other purpose. For many avoiding meat, dairy, eggs and honey and animal derived foods is a health choice, as well as a compassionate one. Most people become vegan through concerns for animal welfare. Farming animals and the food resources required contributes to environmental problems; switching to a plant-based diet reduces the environmental impact. Famous vegans include: Bill Clinton, Jason Mraz, Chrissie Hynde, Thom Yorke, and Ellen Degeneres - that must explain her sweet dance moves. The vegan lifestyle is becoming more popular and that can only ...