So, you’ve got a bubble bar, bath oil, bath bomb or 4-in-1 Fun. How do you use these Lush goodies? Read on to find out.
A question we hear a lot is: do your bath bombs or bubble bars go bad? Every Lush product you encounter does come with a 'use by' date, so you can see when it’s most effective. We try to use fresh ingredients at their peak, so all the skin-loving benefits you expect from your Lush goodies are optimal. In the case of bath bombs, bubble bars, bubbleroons and Fun, we recommend using these within 14 months of when you purchase them.
How to use bath bombs
We invented bath bombs back in the late ‘80s as a gentle alternative to bubble bath, and they became instant classics thanks to a combination of cleansing baking soda, vibrant colors and therapeutic essential oils. Show off how beautiful your bath bomb looks as it fizzes away by taking a picture and sharing it on social media with #bathart.
When do you put a bath bomb in the bath?
1. Fill your bathtub with warm water until it's as full as you like
2. Turn off the water, put the bath bomb in and enjoy the show!
Got a jelly bomb? These are just like bath bombs, but fizz a little slower. Once your bathwater is as deep or shallow as you like it to be, put your jelly bomb into the water, then help it dissolve by swirling it around in the tub or playing with it as it releases its skin-softening jelly.
How to use bubble bars, bubbleroons and reusable bubble bars
Most bubble baths are sold in plastic bottles, but not these ones. Our solid, zero waste bubble bars don’t have any packaging and they bubble up like nothing else. See, going green can be fun!
First things first:
1. Crumble your bubble bar or bubbleroon under the tap as you’re filling your tub
2. Swish your hand around in the water to help all the bits dissolve.
3. Most bubble bars are good for one bath, but you can break up larger bubble bars like The Comforter for more bubbly baths.
What about reusable bubble bars, bubble spinners or wands?
1. Run your bath water
2. Hold your reusable bubble bar, bubble spinner or wand under the tap
3. Splash the water around to get some bubbles going.
4. Put your reusable bubble bar aside and let it dry for next time.
Read more about our reusable bubble bars.
How to use bath oils
These little confections nourish your skin with moisturizing butters and softening oils to counteract the drying effects of a hot bath. Every bath oil is lovingly handmade: there’s a happy Lush person behind every vanilla bean, dusting of luster and hand-tied ribbon.
Let’s get bathing:
1. Run your bathwater making sure it’s just how you like it
2. Drop your bath oil into the bath and its oils and butters will melt to soften your water and skin.
3. Be careful when you’re getting out of a bath with one of these, because they can make your tub a bit slippery.
How to use Fun
These multicolored, squidgy bars can do it all. Use a combination of colors to sculpt whatever shape you dream up, then use it to create a bubbly bath or gently cleanse your skin and hair. Oh, and Fun isn’t just for kids, even adults love its fun colors, great scent and mounds of bubbles!
Time for Fun!
1. To use as a bubble bath: Crumble a small piece under a running tap for silky bubbles.
2. To use as a soap or shampoo: Take a small bit in your hand, hop in the tub and lather up.
Check out all of these inventions at your local Lush shop or call our friendly customer care team at 1-888-733-5874 to learn more about our products.