Since 1995, Lush has made it a priority to put people, animals and the planet first. These values are the foundation of everything we do. From our cosmetics to our initiatives, if it doesn’t do good for others, we don’t do it.
Spread some good
For over two decades we’ve worked to empower and educate others on how they can make a difference in this world. Our Charity Pot Body Lotion has amassed over $78 million in charitable donations, with 100% of the purchase price (minus the taxes) going to small grassroots groups working in the areas of human rights, animal protection and environmental justice. Our Charity Pot partners make a world of difference!
Get to know some of our partners
These are just a few of the world-changing organizations that you can help when you purchase a Charity Pot Body Lotion or coin.
- Double Trellis Food Initiative serves food-insecure individuals in marginalized communities in Philadelphia while also working to address some of the root causes of food insecurity through their workforce development program, educational nutrition workshops and food justice advocacy work.
- Black Queer Youth Collective’s mission and mandate is to provide a dedicated, safe and welcoming space for Black Queer and Trans spectrum persons or those questioning their gender and/or sexuality. The collective helps youths foster, develop and maintain healthy and positive relationships within and outside of their communities.
- Love Wild Horses protects and saves wild horses from slaughter and extinction with humane, innovative on range holistic land and water conservancy practices.
- People Ensuring Animal Care Exists also known as P.E.A.C.E. envisions a compassionate world for all sentient beings. P.E.A.C.E helps farmed animals and farm sanctuaries through resources, rescues and education.
- Passionist Earth & Spirit Care educates on the importance of mindfulness through meditation, caring for the earth through sustainable practices and helping the vulnerable through inclusive programs and community partnerships,
- Foundation for Environmental Stewardship (FES) is a youth-led, youth-serving non-partisan sustainable organization working to create a sustainable future by empowering youth to create a more inclusive, fair, prosperous and sustainable future.
When it comes to packaging less is always more! Our naked products make up 65 percent of our all-year-round products. Since 2005, our naked shampoo bars alone have saved over 124 million plastic bottles from ever being produced, saving approximately 3417 tons of plastic. Learn more about how we reduce, reuse and recycle, here and consider naked products next time your shopping for your favorite goodies.
Stunning knot-wraps are not only an environmentally friendly way of wrapping gifts but also do so much more! When you purchase a beautiful, sustainable knot-wrap you will also be helping organizations like re-wrap, a self-funded social enterprise employing around 150 women in India to handcraft artisan textiles. Check out some of our knot-wraps here.
Last but certainly not least, it all starts with our ingredients. From our fresh fruits to our fine essential oils, we search far and wide for the best, ethically-sourced natural raw materials and safe synthetics. Read about our buying ethical practices here.